Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ted Kennedy

I didn't agree with Ted Kennedy's politics most of the time, but acknowledge the good things he did do. I didn't approve of his lifestyle most of the time, but acknowledge that he had turned his life around. Listening to his sons and his nieces and nephews the past few days has given me new respect for Ted Kennedy the family man.
While watching a lot of the coverage of his funeral yesterday, I kept asking myself "why". I couldn't seem to stay away from the tv or computer screen. The only answer I could come up with was that being a child of the '60s, the Kennedy legacy is instilled in me forever. The images of the family during their greatest tragedies are forever burned on my brain. I think the elaborate funeral was a little (ok a lot) over the top for a senator. But it was befitting a Kennedy. Poignant and comforting to know that the brothers are together again, at last. May they all rest in peace.

No comments: