Friday, January 21, 2011

2011

Three weeks into the new year already.......and I'm still waiting for my New Year's wish to come true....a job.   I don't think that's asking a lot.  I don't need millions (but I'd take it), but it would be so nice to not have to borrow/take money from family to buy a few groceries or put gas in the car.  The once a month paycheck from SS is not meant for 3 of us to live on.  I literally spend hrs. each day searching the job boards, then faxing, emailing or snail-mailing our resumes.   These bleak days of winter are growing ever longer.

Mailia got two 'snow' days this week, although they were actually 'ice' days.  Freezing rain and freezing fog made for impassable roads.  She enjoyed them to the fullest though....her Dad salted the driveway and she spent a lot of time out there 'shooting hoops' with the basketball hoop she got for Christmas.

Our Christmas was small but good.  In addition to the basketball hoop, Mailia got a new red sled (she loves it), a new Wii game and a bunch of winter clothes.  We had my Mom and her husband over for Christmas dinner, then went to my sister's that evening, where she presented me with a gift of an Obama Chia Pet.  LOL  She definitely got me with that one.  Something I've always (not) wanted.
 It was quite hilarious actually, and she was pretty proud of herself for coming up with the 'perfect' gift.  :-) 

 During the Christmas break, Mailia was able to spend time with some of her cousins.  She went sledding with them, and spent the night with some of them, and they in turn spent the night with her.  We had a New Year's breakfast at my step-mom's house and M was able to play with even more cousins there.  So all in all, Christmas was good.  Different than what we're used to, but still good.

We are all busy with basketball.  Practices one or two nights a week and then tournaments on the weekends.  She is playing really well.  Both of her coaches have told us that we have a basketball player on our hands.  It's hilarious to watch the games that end with scores like 8-6, or 6-4. :-)

Other than that, we're pretty much just waiting for SPRING!!  No more planting my garden in Feb., it will be more like mid-late May.  But I'm so anxious to see  everything come back to life.  Meanwhile, I'm perusing the seed and flower catalogs in hopes of things to come.  :-)

Here's a few pictures of our Christmas and winter, thus far.....and a request for prayers, good thoughts and good wishes that at least one of us finds a job soon!!

Oh, and she wanted me to write that her basketball jersey is the #48...special request of course! lol










1 comment:

Debby said...

I just LOVE her!! I hope you both are able to find work soon. In the meantime, it must be really nice to be up near family. I'm sure Malia loves being near all of her cousins.....

I hope 2011 is very good to your entire family.