Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trying to Move On

I have got to move past this 'funk' I've been in since Rick passed. Words like fog, daze, zombie, surreal, all describe my world the past couple of weeks.
But thanks to time, family, friends, prayers and sheer will, I am feeling a little better each day. I have my moments, but at least it's not hours now.

So the timing of the 2010 Nascar Racing season couldn't be better. Just 10 days away now from the start of the Daytona 500. And just what is a picture of Tony Stewart's car doing on my blog???? We are a Hendrick Motorsports family............Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Jr. and Mark Martin.

Tony Stewart was my brother's favorite driver. And I made a promise at Rick's funeral that I would cheer for Tony this year. Doesn't mean I won't also cheer for my Hendrick boys, but it won't be that hard to be a Tony fan either. Tony is a good guy and a great driver/team owner. He is colorful and passionate about what he does and generally makes every race interesting...especially with his commentary afterwards. So, Tony and Hendrick it is this year.
May the best man win! I love you Rick!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congrats to Smoke on Saturday! I'm sure your brother was smiling down at you!