Friday, May 22, 2009

Be careful what you wish for....

A week ago we were wishing for rain. Lawns were brown, wildfires filled the sky with smoke. It started raining Sun. night and it is still coming down today. Daytona Beach is at 20" and counting. We are more fortunate here with just around 9". We have a new (and hopefully temporary) pond in our backyard, but the house is high and dry. So I am determined not to complain too much. We wished and hoped and prayed for rain and we got what we asked for.

2 comments:

Debby said...

I know...Just last week, I had brown dirt where grass should be...now I think the grass will be to my knees before it dries out enough for me to mow!!! My garden look good. Needs to dry out though before things start to rot.

jana said...

HOLY COW!!!!

You better build an ark!!